Follow Me :)

Follow

Thursday 10 December 2015

Blogmas Day 10: Christmas Care package

Christmas Presents can be a tiresome task and are no easy feat if the recipient can't receive the present in person.
As most of my friends packed up and scattered around the country for Uni  this year (from Exeter to Liverpool and many places in between!) it seemed impossible to send all of them different presents!
It was a stroke of luck that whilst scrolling through my camera roll I found a picture of a care package one of my friends had received for the start of Uni.
I realised that a small care package full of Christmassy things and baked goods could be the perfect solution to the present panic I was experiencing.




I wrote down a list of necessary items and then set about town on a mission with one of my friends (read her blog here!). It was great having another set of eyes to point out trinkets and things I myself wouldn't have considered including!

After compiling all the items set of to create the baked goods. I needed something sturdy enough to withstand travel but also tasty and cute! Thus my traditional Stained Glass Window Biscuits came into play, the recipe for which you can read here.
With the biscuits and items now at hand the first task was wrapping the biscuits up nicely...
To do this I used some gold patterned cellophane from tiger and cut out a 12" by 12" square. I placed the biscuits in the middle and pulled the corners and edges up above the centre of the biscuits. I twisted the cellophane and then tied some golden ribbon around it in a bow. Lastly I added a gift tag with an inside joke or funny suggestion as to where they could be eaten! 

The next step was filling the box with:
  • Christmas Socks
  • Candy Cane
  • Bubble Bath
  • Christmassy Nail Polish (Revlon)
  • Chocolate Coins (in tissue paper)
  • Other Chocolate
  • Homemade Biscuits
With the boxes filled, I added bubble wrap to fill up any extra space. I sealed the boxes with parcel tape and wrapped them in brown parcel paper. I used ribbons to decorate the presents with a classic bow. Finally I wrote Christmas cards out and addressed and taped these to the front.


The small care packages are full of small items my friends would enjoy but obviously you can adapt them to make them suitable for your friends.
The thing about these packages is that they may not cost a great deal to put together, but the effort and thought gone into them, from the items chosen to the funny little note and also the little bows and finishing touches, will really brighten up the recipients day especially if they're not expecting it!

Thanks for Reading! :)

What item would you want most in a care package?

No comments:

Post a Comment