Follow Me :)

Follow

Sunday 30 November 2014

Ted Baker Eye Look for £15


As a student, I know how difficult it is to shop on a budget, and I especially struggle to find good quality but affordable make-up! However I recently purchased a Ted Baker Gift Set from Boots, and was delighted at the quality, the packaging and price of the products.


The Gift set is called Shades in Waiting and includes 3 eye crayons, a mascara, an eyebrow pencil, an eyeliner pen and tweezers.

 Having tried out all the products, I realised that they were all good quality and can be combined to create a whole eye look, for only £15!

The first look I managed to create would be perfect for every day, as it’s quite neutral, with the gold eye crayon all over the eye and the bronze crayon in the crease. I finished it off with a bit of eyeliner and one coat of mascara. (P.S thanks to my sister for letting me use one of her eyes!)


The second combination would be great for a dressy event like a Christmas party, as it’s a bit darker and very sparkly! Using a light hand I put the silver eye crayon all over the eye and then I went in with a heavier hand and layered on the crayon in the crease, to make it a bit darker. I also did a cat eye flick with the eyeliner, which I had to apply 3 times in order to make it more opaque and put two coats of the mascara on.



In general this set is excellent. The eye crayons are the stars of the show, with a lovely creamy consistency and excellent pigmentation and sparkle! The mascara was also very good, as it was not clumpy and added both length and a bit of volume. The eyeliner however was not the best quality, as it did go on quite transparent, but after a few coats, it does look much better. Unfortunately I couldn’t use the eyebrow pencil as it was too light for my sister or me, however I did give it to a friend with light brown hair, and she raved about how lovely it was!

All in all this would make a lovely little set for someone who’s on a budget, or is just starting out with make-up, as it’s got everything you need for an eye look! It would also make an excellent Christmas present or stocking filler as it it’s nicely packaged and all round great!

What do you think about these types of gift sets as Christmas presents?

4 comments:

  1. I love the makeup set and the second look is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the looks you have demonstrated are amazing! And are well suited to different occasion, keep up the good work, I love reading your blogs ^-^ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you to say! Aww, thank you so much for reading it :) xxx

      Delete